View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 04, 2004, 09:48am
Official Forum Member

Question

Varsity boys game last night. I was lead and Team A is bringing the ball up court. There is no pressure from B so the point guard is walking it up (his team is way ahead). Team A coach stands and is yelling instructions to his team. The point guard stops his dribble and starts walking towards his bench. I watch it for about 3 seconds and no one calls anything (probably because it looked so strange). Anyway, I called travelling from lead.

First, I KNOW I was absolutely wrong for ball watching so I'm prepared for my punishment here, but I'm still learning. However, I clearly saw it and it was so obvious I felt I needed to call it. We discussed it after the game and the T said he was hesitating since it's not something you see everyday and he thought maybe the coach did call a TO. I think we did a good job overall as partners and he had no problem with me calling it.

FYI, the coach got on his PG who admitted he thought he heard the coach tell "time out'.

Should you call this from lead or turn your eyes to your area and ignore it? I am sure not all partners would have appreciated what I did.