View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Dumb question, but an earlier post made me think of this scenario (and I've never claimed to be a wise man). Team A calls a 30-second time out. The players are on the floor, huddled around their coach. A1 says something stupid to the referee who is standing at the top-of-the-key nearest the huddle and gets a technical foul. Would that be an indirect on the coach? It seems as if it should be because the players would be the coaches responsibility at that point, but by rule they technically aren't bench personnel or substitutes. Whatcha think?

Z

If A1 is in the game when the timeout was granted and has not been replaced, then the TF is a direct against A1 and this is all. If A1 is bench personel, direct TF against A1 and indirect TF against Head Coach A.

MTD, Sr.
MTD, you make it even more interesting. Since it is very doubtful that I can remember all 5 players that were in the game, how do I know if A1 was bench personnel or not? Ask the coach? Get up in that damn attic and see if this is addressed in the 1903 case book.

Z