View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrenkicker
2C True.

9-4-5 Only if the contact is direct in a scrimmage-kick formation is it a foul. To say any contact in this formation is a foul is incorrect.

I hope we all know what this rule means. But to make a blanket statement about what might be refered to as a judgement call when you don't know what the contact is can get you in trouble. Just like a punter complaining to you after he is bumped that it should be a foul because his coach told him that he can't touch the punter.

If this question said "directly contacted" then I would agree that this is false.

I'm not picking on you kdf5 but we have to be clear on the description of the play or we could get a lot of different answers depending on how people read it and what they read into it.
I wouldn't take this as picking on me but the question is what it is. Can he be contacted is a good question and as you explained there are varied answers. It's typical Fed wording and as we all know Fed questions can be more about grammar than football. So true is your answer for 2c?

[Edited by kdf5 on Dec 3rd, 2004 at 10:19 AM]