View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 05:20pm
Official Forum Member

Time Out Countdown

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Only seen this in one gym this year. But whenever you call a TO. Whether it is 30 or 60, it puts the time up on the clock and counts down then at 15 seconds automatic sounds the horn. The thing that bothers me is: what if it messes up and screws up the game time? How are we suppose to know and how are we suppose to fix it if the scorer hasn't been keeping track?
I usually try to glance at clock to see time when we call TO..last night worked a game with the TO count-down working..and I really didn't notice it first couple of times because I checked clock when TO was requested but when we went to blocks for the TO I never really looked at the clock until we were ready to start after the second horn.

I do kind of like the TO countdown, but you do then lose the chance to check time and discuss any time related play issues with your partner based on remaining time, that is if you don't see the time on the clock, just the TO countdown.

With to TO counting down at least you know table is on top of watching the length of the TO.