View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
I've seen clocks that you have to set the clock mode button. Usually it will show a U or D on the screen so that you know if it is going to wind up or down. You must have had a couple of near 5 second counts in order to know to take 10 seconds off??????
Yeah, I've seen those too, but this is one of the newer fully computerized style where all that is set up in an interactive menu when you first turn it on - no button to set.

Taking 10 seconds off was easy. I knew for fact the clock read 00:26 before the inbound was administered. It started when my partner signaled & ended at 00:36 when I realized it was counting up & blew the whistle. Net difference - 10 seconds. The ball was inbounded into back court & my partner indicated his count was at 7 when they brought it across the division line. My whistle was 2 to 3 seconds after that, so that's good enough verification of "specific knowledge" for me. After fixing the clock I called both coaches over & gave them the explanation - all either said was "OK, thanks".