View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

Girls JV game. It started a little ratty - about what you might expect this early in the season - but both teams were well coached, and quickly settled in and played a pretty good competitive game.

So we're coming out of a time out, 26 sec left in the 4th, visitors up by 6. I'm the L and my partner administers the ball for inbound near mid-court. Ball is inbounded. clock starts, then we're both busy with the furball as the home team is aggressively defending trying to force a turnover. I hear someone yelling "clock, clock". My partner is on the ball, so I quickly look up at it to see 33,34,35... my mental reaction was "what the heck..." then I blew the whistle to stop it - clock reads 36. I walk over to the table & say "uh, guys, why is the clock counting up?". Operator has no idea. There's no count up/down switch - this is one of the newer computerized units where all that is done in the initial setup programming when you first turn it on.

End result was I had them reinitialize the clock, verified it was in fact counting down, then had it set to 16 seconds. We resumed the game & ended without further incident.