View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

But.....

Quote:
Originally posted by BBall_Junkie
Robmoz,

Have my assignors offered specific guidance on this type of play and how they want it called? Specifically... no. However, they want what constitutes a foul to be called and what doesn't constitute a foul to be passed on. No contact... No Foul

Yes, I have experienced this type of action and most of the time if it is all ball the person who got their stuff blocked usually has nothing to say about it. If so, I or my partners are right there to diffuse the situation (similar to D. Gray with McCants last night even though a foul was rightfully called).

To a certain extent I understand the logic. That is why I posted that if a player takes a big rip and does not want a foul to be called he better get 100% ball. If there is an contact I will put air in my whistle. But I still say you can't call a foul just because you think a foul should be called... it has to fit the definition.

Don't get me wrong, I believe the players safety is paramount and I will do everything I have to ensure that everyone goes home safely.
BBJ,

If you call a foul when the player made contact with the hand, this by definition, is not a foul. The hand is part of the ball.