Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Originally posted by bbgirl
1. Rule 7-5 art 7, afer many discussions has become unclear. I would like another intepretation.

The rule is designed for the offense to not lose their advantage (of running the end line) due to a defensive foul or violation. If Team A has end-line-run-privileges and Team B commits a common foul or violation, Team A will continue to have end-line-run-privileges on the ensuing throw-in if the ensuing throw-in is once again from the endline.

2. After administering free throws for "regular" fouls, do you clear the lane for a for a technical foul, do you clear the lane.

ANY free throws that are not going to be rebounded (technical, intentional etc.) are administered with the lane cleared.

This question is to clear a bet with a relative..
2. Is a player control foul an example of an offensive foul?

Yep.

3. If as in rule 7-6 art 1, if the throw in DOES NOT touch another player BEFORE going out of bounds, is it a violation or just a "delay in game?" and please specify the penalty?

Violation. Team B gets the ball for a throw-in at the spot of where Team A's original throw-in was.

4. Rule 8-1 art 3, so, the rule states, "IF the ball is to become dead when the last free throw for a specific throw is unsuccessful..." confuses me. the ball is already dead, or is the rule referring to other violations, (PCF, or CF) and also the ball would already be dead if the shot was for a technical foul correct? I'm just all confused on that one..

The ball is live once the free thrower has the ball. If it misses, it's live. If it's made, it becomes live once it's available for a throw-in to Team B.

However, on the case of intentional fouls and technical fouls, there is going to be a throw-in after the FT's so the ball will become dead once the free throw is made or missed.

Z