View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 06:32am
Official Forum Member

Final regular season game last season: GV game White and Blue are the colors.
Last season was the first one in which the non-calling official notified the coach of a disqualified player.
With less than a minute remaining in the game, my partner calls a foul on a player from WHITE. It is her 5th. He tells me to "let HIM know that's five." Now I wasn't watching his area and had no idea who fouled. Also the point spread had expanded to 8 after being very close all night so I had mostly turned off my brain. Add to that the fact that the coach of Blue is male and White's coach is a female.
Naturally, I head over to BLUE's coach and let HIM know that is five fouls. He says ok and proceeds to take a knee in front of his bench, so I go to the table and tell them to start the 30 seconds. Now the fun starts.

White sends a replacement to the table while I am standing right there. I ask her to wait. Why? I'm thinking that it will be easier to wait until the DQ'd player is replaced BY BLUE and then just get all the subs in at once. So here I am standing in front of the table for an entire 30 seconds with the substitute sitting on the floor right there behind me. The coach of Blue is totally ignoring me and the coach of white is completely exasperated that I won't let her sub in.
It almost got even worse, but I pulled my head out of my *ss just in time. As the 30 second horn went off, I started over to the Blue bench, fully ready to T the head coach of BLUE for failing to replace the DQ'd player in 30 second when I saw BLUE lined up to shoot FTs. I then realized that WHITE fouled out and should be substituting!
I wheeled around and quickly beckoned the sub in.
Those last few seconds just couldn't go by fast enough. I was never so happy to run off the court after a game.
Oh, this game was on our local cable network and I heard about it for weeks from others in the association.