View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 01:36am
Official Forum Member

Ok my turn again! I was HL and the ball was around the B25 yard line. The OT lines up in the NZ, so I flag it and blow my whistle. Well the coach on my side is irrate. Yelling saying that he was not lined up in the NZ. So what do you think happens next? The offense breaks the huddle and the SAME GUY lines up in the NZ, so I flag it again and hit the whistle. Now the coach is really mad. He don't want to talk to me but insists on talking to the WH. The whole thing was really the centers fault because he would get literally right over the ball and take his stance, then the other guys on the line would follow suit, so the tackle lined up right in the NZ.

Anyway, I was proud of myself for sticking to my guns and making the right call while getting yelled at, and I was also thankful that my WH stood up for me and told the coach that I was right down the line and the coach is 15 yards away, how can he tell?

We talked about it during a TO and I mentioned we could REALLY tick him off by charging him a TO for an unauthorized conference, but he said that since we never had problems with that coach before to not worry about it.