View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 01, 2004, 07:31am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by SMEngmann
B1 inbounding the ball and B2 runs around A1 out of bounds in front of the inbounds passer and receives the ball. I had anticipated the play but came up with a no-call, which I regret to a point now, as team B was able to run several seconds off the clock before team A fouled (they had 1 to give). I admittedly thought about the advantage B got from going OOB and considered the ramifications had I T'ed B2, which would have given team A two shots to tie plus the ball, plus the fact that it probably would have led to an ejection of team Bs assistant and a real ugly situation, but I did ignore the POE. Had I called the T, I would've had a helluva time in my opinion trying to explain myself and my call to any evaluator or others in the association.
If you really did anticipate the play, quietly commenting to the B players to "stay inbounds" before you administered the throw-in may have eased your reluctance to call the "T". If they ignored your polite warning, well.....

Might be a good idea to talk this one over with your evaluator anyway. Get his input as to how he wants this type of situation handled.