View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 20, 2001, 08:30pm
Official Forum Member

Today, I had a HS varsity game. The catcher and I bumped into each other twice on the throw to third. As you can imagine the coach was upset. I think that my head is right above the catcher's shoulder and this must be causing the contact. This is the position I've always used and feel comfortable with but I think I must adjust so that it doesn't happen again. Some questions that I have: Where should my head be positioned in relationship to the catcher's sholders? Should my head be completly behind his entire body in the slot position or can it be directly above his shoulder? It seems like if my head is not over his shoulders than I feel that I am not in a good position to see all the plate. In short, I feel that I am to far away from the plate when my entire head is completely behind the catcher.

Secondly, I have been told that my right foot should between the catcher's crotch but when I try to to do this it seems that my knee is bumping into his back. I usually have my right leg lined up or even to the right of his right leg. Is my stance to wide?

Thanks,

Greg

In general, I am asking where should my head be in relationship to the catcher's body? Where should my right leg be for a right handed hitter?