View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 29, 2004, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Blum
Last week I was working a Boys JV game. After the game I showered and came out to watch the first half of the Varsity game. I am standing next to one of the home schools game administrators(who was in charge of the officials for the night) and this older guy comes over, I have no idea who he is. He starts by saying he has never seen such a poorly officiated game, especially me. He then proceeds to tell me that he is a graduate of the Home school, that won, but was obviously there rooting for the visiting.

My question for everyone is when you are doing the prelim game do you stick around and watch the Varsity game? If you do where do you sit to watch the game.

I was dumbfounded that someone would have the guts to come up to me and say that, that I didn't reply to him.

What would you have said in that situation if it occurred to you? One suggestion from one of the varsity officials was to get his name and offer to sign him up to officiate if he didn't like the way I did it.

Thanks.
You said exactly what you should have said to him...nothing. I am a little surprised that the administrator did what he did. I'd go back to that place again anytime to officiate. Good job!