View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 29, 2004, 01:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Bob,

That is all wonderful. I do not have my rulebook right in front of me so this is not based on a quote from the rulebook or casebook.

More than likely this is not going to happen to me at all. I would not allow a player to play with an earring period. I would have noticed this at some point before the game or when they are playing the game.

Secondly, I do not care what the rules states in this situation. I would just have them remove the jewelry before we shoot the FTs or after they shoot the FTs depending on who notices it. Even with jerseys and them not being tucked in, I am not going to remove players because they have them out according to the strict interpretation of the rules. I know I am not removing every kid that puts on a rubber band (which is usually harder to see than an earring) and plays the game. So I know I am not removing a shooter from the game just because they forgot to take out the earring before playing. Now if they refuse to take it out that is another issue. But they would have to take it out before continuing that game. I am not taking them out of the game for that alone. I know you are not removing kids from the game just because they have a rubber band on their wrist and they are shooting a FT. So why would you do anything different with something in their ear, which by rule both are considered jewelry?

Peace