View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 27, 2004, 12:31am
Do not give a damn!!

Talking

I have never seen it called. But tonight I had a varsity tournament game and the visiting team had a player that got called for a 10 second violation on the FT.

Now the kid for some reason after getting the ball would look completely away from the basket (as if he was upset at something) and slowly bounced the ball while facing the basket. Then he looked like he was going to shoot the ball, and then went back to bouncing the ball. I was the Trail in a 3 person crew and I was hearing a couple of rumblings with the opposing coach. "That is about 12 seconds, you should have a violation." Then I heard some other people in the stands saying just about the same thing. Then my partner called it. I could not believe it. I do not blame him or suggest that he should not have. The kid was just wasting time and took up way too much time. We talked about it afterwards and we were just laughing about it. The same kid did the exact same thing on another FT and I was under the impression that him facing away from the basket the first time, he was responding to a player that was in the vicinity of the circle. But this kid did this with the game on the line and a very close margin (I believe 2 points at the time). The game ended up to be a one point game. I just had never actually seen that before in person.

I just thought I would share.

Peace