View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 23, 2004, 01:43pm
Huck Finn

Here we go again!

This is just silly. Should we take Run DMC to court? Or the Sugar Hill Gang? I guess if we believe the cop out in America there was a lot less violence before the pioneers of rap forced their culture on us! Like it or not kids listen to rap and kids grow up to be adults. I have no intention of turning my life over to the "Hip Hop culture" but every once in a while a song comes out and I want to shake my a$$. It is even more ridiculous to single out "gansta rap." Let's look at the "gansta" rappers. Eazy-E is dead, Dre was the one who discoverd Eminem, Ice Cube is making movies (funny movies too) and Snoop has a video where he is clicking his tongue and dancing. Oh yeah, they are really pushing that "gansta rap." When a phsycho does something like shoot up a school they don't bring rock or alternative music to the forefront but every time something happens and the person is black let's blame it on Hip Hop. Come on people, we can't be so naive.
I think Artest is a lunatic/smart/gifted athlete. The gifted athlete part is self explanatory but the lunatic part runs in his family. His brother played JUCO in Vegas (when his grades were right) and he too was a player you had to watch at all times. He was the same he just couldn't play basketball as good. As far as being smart, think about it. You go after someone who didn't do anything and is small, past the person who did something who is a little bigger after someone bigger than you just gave you two hands to the neck and face? He is smart enough that he didn't go after big Ben! That is who I would want a piece of.
IMO our society has taken a turn for the worst with the invent of parenting books/experts, time-outs and the like. These kids are growing up now and they aren't scared of anything. They will do anything because they were given a time-out instead of a good leather belt. Sure child abuse occurred with whippings but it happens now too. That might not be the answer to all of our problems but I don't think it will hurt!

Don't blame a genre of music on all the ills of the world. Please open your eyes and see there are other things going on in our country and with Americans in other countries that are based on far worst things than a Fifty-Cent "song." Plus, you know "Up in da club" was hot.

I had to edit. Goose, that post is a G E M. What are you thinking about? You need a reality check

[Edited by tomegun on Nov 23rd, 2004 at 01:47 PM]