View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 22, 2004, 08:11pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Good grief! I actually agree with Rut (I can't believe I'm saying this )

I don't think the color of the players had anything to do with this incident. I think it was a result of some drunk fans and some players who forgot they don't get paid for playing basketball, but get paid because people are willing to pay to watch them play basketball.

There's enough blame to go around on the part of the fans and the players, but the players should have just left the arena when the sh!t hit the fan (pun intended).

I don't pay any attention to the Blazers because of their off-court behavior (or lack thereof). As a fan who is being asked to spend my disposable income to support them, I have the preogative to not spend money on them for any reason I choose, including their attitude toward my community.

Professional athletes are in the entertainment business. If they want people to spend their entertainment dollars on them instead of going to the theatre, etc., then they have to show gratitude and treat their customers (because that's what we are) with respect or else we'll stop paying their salaries.

Whew - I'll go back to watching Spongebob now.