View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 22, 2004, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Clark: Welcome to the world of officiating. I have been doing this for about 10 years and I can clearly remember my first scrimmage and how "scared" I was. We need people like you that have an enthusiam for the game. You seem to be someone that is willing to listen/learn and that is important. You will always find a spaz or 2, maybe even 3 or 4, but these individuals will generally not go very far because they don't want to learn and nobody wants to work with them.

I had my first scrimmage of the year this past Saturday. FG girls on 1 court and JVG on another running at the same time. Had VG after these 2 were over. We had 7 officials there and we just rotated in as needed. One of the guys had never worked 3-person and it was a definite learning experience for him. We run 3-person on all varsity games and on Saturday, we ran everything as 3-person. I have a VG scrimmage tonight. Our season (northern VA) kicks off on 2 Dec. Keep up the good work and I hope you have a great season.