View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 21, 2004, 08:18pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

I'm surprised that Ben Wallace got 6 games instead of the initial 5 reported for his retaliatory shove (and the headband toss), but it does send a message that you have to be mature enough to walk away. I think six games could be a bit harsh, but seeing the NBA is really trying to make it clear that it does _not_ condone this behavior in any way, I can respect what they are trying to do.

I still feel that if Artest doesn't commit a cheap-shot foul from behind in that situation (up 15 with 45 seconds), this might not have happened. Unfortunately, I doubt Artest will learn anything from this suspension.

I also feel they should halt beer sales after the third quarter (like the baseball park does after the 7th inning). I know that might not be a popular opinion, but no good happens when people get (mostly) all-you-can drink alcohol at a sporting event.

I also don't have any sympathy for the fans who rushed the court and who now are nursing injuries. If they don't act stupid, they avoid most of the trouble.

*steps off soapbox*

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball