Thread: Taunting
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 18, 2004, 02:31am
Official Forum Member

Re: What???!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
I think I would have been there to get a sense of the game's tone.

Tauting the crowd? I don't think so. But, I wasn't there.

How about the crowd taunting him for the checked shot attempt... T the crowd?

In my opinion, it would have to be pretty egregious for me to T him up for "taunting" someone that isn't in the game (the crowd). His actions would have to have some influence on the players or the coach before I would even consider this to be taunting.

What if he said to the crowd "Nice check wasn't it? My team is still winning by nine and your team hasn't scored nine points this whole quarter. Go figure."

Unless his acts were extremely showboating, I don't think I would be interjecting myself between him and the crowd by calling a technical foul. Again, HTBT.
Down town:
How can you say this isn't taunting. First off, we are taught to ignore the crowd and not say anything. So the players should to. That is a fans job to pay his or her 3 bucks and make life miserable for 32 minutes. Anytime a player goes and talks to a fan I am going to say something, but when he did what he did it is a T every time. The job of the player is just that play. Even if he went to the crowd and said "Nice check wasn't it? My team is still winning by nine and your team hasn't scored nine points this whole quarter. Go figure." Iam still going to whack him because thatis unsportsmanlike and he can find the shower on his way out.

[Edited by refaholic on Nov 18th, 2004 at 02:33 AM]