Thread: Pre game T
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 10:40am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Wearin' Stripes
OK, I guess that technically the ball is live when it is at the disposal of the thrower B1 on the technical foul, BUT - can we really have a double foul on a technical situation? I mean all the players are off the line and I am really struggling with defining a situation where a double foul would be appropriate here. Sounds like something more severe to me. Adjudication is the same I believe - jump ball after B1's free throws. What do you guys think?
If the fouls are for physical contact during the live ball period, then the ONLY fouls that you could call during that time would be a personal foul of some type. In this case-a double personal foul. These personal fouls could be either intentional or flagrant also, but they HAVE to be personal. If the fouls are non-contact during a live ball-i.e. trash talking-, then you could have a double technical foul. These technical fouls could be labelled intentional or flagrant too, depending on the circumstances.

The original question said that it was a double personal foul, so it had to be contact fouls by opponents at approximately the same time during a live ball. Usually what you get in these cases is a coupla shoves, and you're not sure who started it.