View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 15, 2004, 07:22pm
Official Forum Member

Re: My thoughts

Quote:
Originally posted by oppool
I would be in favor for a SP only training for advanced umpires. I would like to see it tied in with a PAID tournament so the umpire could coup some of the cost of the schooling while attending. My suggestion would be to make some tight restriction on qualifing so certain UIC dont just send their pet umpires or like at National school where there were umpires that havent even been on the field yet attending which caused a lot of wasted time for the veteren umpires. Would also think 3 full days of training over 4 days would be more attractive letting the umpire fly in on Thurs night and leave on Sunday evening, that way less time off work needed and more would be able to attend

JMOs

Don
Don,

I agree with the tournament and I don't know of any where the umpire wouldn't be paid as long as it was a true tournament, not one specifically set up for training.

As I stated before, this will be for advanced umpires. If anyone shows up unprepared, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes, especially if Bernie is one of the instructors.