View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 13, 2001, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Only in TX.........:-)

Tx ASA recognizes 8U and below and even has special rules set aside for them (and even has State Championships)

IF is not recognized in the 8U age in TX.....but in this play it does not really matter.....I think?

I still have not gotten any input from teams or the umpire involved (and will likely not untill next week)

I agree with the all the posters that the U should have been a bit more adamant with his "run scores" call......it was poor game management on his part (If it happened as related to me......I have yet to talk to the umpire in question)

My next question is if this were to come up in your game.........as an umpire, do you coach a team into making the 4th out appeal......what do you do when the coach comes out to argue.......ignore him? Let him know he is on the right track....but not quite there.....??

ASA says that only players can make appeals............how far should we allow the coach to direct his players in this attempt.

My feeling is I am going to give a lot of leeway to the defense...........

Again........think the situation through and explain how you would have ended it?

Joel