Thread: Test answers
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 15, 2004, 03:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
Jurassic,
I can't believe that we can actually agree on something. I take issue with the fact that these officials are requesting the ANSWERS and another official is enabling them in their bid to cheat the system. While some states may not use the NFHS Part 1 test, the majority do. How can you study for the Part 1 test when all you have requested is the answers?

Many organizations retain past tests (Part 1 and 2) and these are terrific study aids. While they may contain some errors because of rule updates, they will teach what is expected and show what they are looking for each year.

No matter how you slice it, an official is required to know the rules and be able to apply them fairly. That last word is key. It is not fair of you to cheat and score well, while others actually test their knowledge and receive an accurate assessment of their talents. Don't B.S. me about being good on the field and court, but do poorly on tests. Officiating is about reacting to pressure and cheaters show their character. I may hide behind a nom de net, but at least I don't publish my email in a bid to beg for answers. I hope some assignors and state directors check this site and recognize some of these email addresses.

I guess it would be too much top ask the thread starter to respond and support his rationale. Coward...
How can you cheat on an open book test? You still have not answered that little question, perhaps someone can e-mail the answer to you.

While you are on this bogus crusade, you repeatedly over look the obvious, which is: For the vast majority of officials this is open book, i.e. that means you can look up the answers. That makes this a study guide more than a test.

Knowing the rules does not mean you can apply them, getting 100% on the test, closed book, does not automatically make you a good official.