View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 15, 2004, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
Men's competitive rec league .... When I used to play in that league, I'd see guys go off an he'd just take it. He says they respect him for that and I say that they now know my tolerence level, respect me or not.

What's your thoughts?
Competitive or Recreational league??? I'm thinking that it can't be both.

"he'd just take it. He says they respect him for that..."

Well, there's your sign.

He's an idiot! People in positions of authority don't earn respect by letting people yell at them... especially when they are wrong.

Yelling? Perhaps. but when all is said and done, they have got to know that they were wrong (per the rules) and that yelling is not necessary. Penalty for loosing your composure and yelling at the official? Technical foul. Now do you want to talk or yell some more? Yell? Another technical foul and you're gone.

Don't change your position Chris. Unless you can laugh back at them (which will piss them off all the more - and sometimes that is fun), I would stick with the T-bone. And by all means try to explain in a calm manner so that they understand the T is payment for the yelling but if you want to discuss why I made the original call, we'll do that in a calm manner.