View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 11, 2004, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
[i]
As to the strange claim that Texas schools couldn't handle "tougher" NFHS rules, that's nonsense. They prefer to play REAL football - the same football they will be playing when they go to college. To learn how to throw multiple forward passes, or to kick a FG or punt to your own receiver behind the line and let him run it .... silliness. How is that "tougher" --- that's not tougher, it's just odd. [/B]
And what's up with OPI. Come on now, a lineman downfield that touches a pass committs OPI? Here in Texas these guys aren't wimps. It takes contact with a player (not the ball) to have PI on either player. Dead ball for a defensive player in the NZ. What kind of game is this. Sounds like flag football to me. I've seen way too many disagreements with Fed officials about rules. Nobody can seem to come up with the same interpretation. At least in Texas we can be consistent in the interps. In Oklahoma they got something called "funny pages". Say it ain't so, it takes a picture diagram to explain a foul.