View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 10, 2001, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Question

What do you guys do when you don't have your "A" game with you.

I had two games tonight (with a rookie partner)......I was BU in game 1.......VERY good game.....very tight, both pitchers good (miracle for a 10U game) and ended at 3-1. Met one of the coaches from the eteamz board who's daugter pitched (she was the winner). No problems in this one except for a steal of third where I got a bit close and gave an UGLY looking out call.

Anyway......2nd game......14U - one very good team against a mediocre team......I am PU and can just not get comfortable with my zone.........both catchers were very mobile and moved a bunch.

Final score was a mercy rule 17-0 after 3 innings (about 1:20 on time)........

I think I missed about 5-6 pitches on the losing pitcher............and maybe 1 or 2 on the winner.......WAY more than my usual 1-2 pitches I question myself over.

Any hints from y'all when you are in a blowout to keep your concentration on track?

Thanks.......

Joel

BTW.......Rookie was pretty good.......he is about 20 and should make a good umpire.......picked up on stuff pretty quick and implemented suggestions immediately.......these were only his 7th and 8th games......hope he sticks around.

PPS.........Also........the SB Gods are being kind to me.........I must have dropped my wallet in the maintenence building while changing........I got a strange page a while ago and answered it........it was the ballfield maintenence man who paged me from a business card from my wallet.......gonna run and pick it up in the morning.

Curtis.........Thanks!!!

[Edited by Gulf Coast Blue on Apr 10th, 2001 at 11:01 PM]