View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 04, 2004, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

Not to start a fight.....

Roy this is in no way a condemnation or hack, but.....

Given what you stated, and if it were me, I would be upset that after the first swing, we/I did not do a better job at stopping the second. I would ask, why weren't you or your partner in there after the first contact? Maybe you were, but from your description, it appears that the second blow was well after the initial play seeing that you had already felt comfortable in turning your back and reporting the foul.

Or do you think you might have turned your back a tad early?

Look, I realize that crap happens and that no matter how careful we are, we still can't prevent this stuff from happening 100 percent of the time. But I also have to ask, where was your partner? It's good that he got the other swing, but I would have to ask why weren't one of you two in there to get things settled?

I won't say never, but I never leave a potential fight situation until all parties are at peace, so to speak. The foul(s) can wait. Maybe, just maybe you were a tad early in wanting to report the foul. That is unless these two swings were at just about the same time where you or your partner could not have stepped inbetween.

Sorry if this has sounded judgmental because it was not meant that way. I'm sure you did what you thought was right at the time, but I know after stuff like this happens, I always reflect on not only how it happened but what could I have do to prevent the retaliation.

I guess I wasn't much help. Just an observation. But from your description, I would say, take the foul, and treat the swings as a double T.

goose