View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 30, 2004, 07:40am
Official Forum Member

Well, it happened last night.

My Umpire asked me if A was going to take a knee. I told him that A was going to run a play.

Well, all the defense heard was "take a knee". A ran a dive play, up the middle, and 20 yards later the FB scores. Now the score is 42-16 with 20 seconds left.

The HC from the home team comes running on the field screaming about the Umpire telling his defense that the other team was taking a knee. I still can't figure out how he knew what was said before the play had ended.

I ruled that A ran a legal play, and the TD stands.

I also decided that the situation was tense, and since B had no chance of winning, I did not flag anyone. It would only make things worse.

With a mutual agreement between both coaches, it was decided that the contest is over. Team A coach did not want to score on that play, or any other play. Game over, let's go home.

As we were leaving the field both coaches (home & visiting) caught me and the BJ at mid-field, uh-oh here it comes. They both shook our hands and told us that the crew called a great game, and to forget about that last play. They were sincere, told us "No S***, you guys did a good job.

WHAT?