Thread: rules quest
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 04:57am
Official Forum Member

If your quoting the N.A.P.B.L., then you probably are familiar with the OBR 8.05, which lists what are considered balks.

A pitcher could, while not touching rubber, make a motion associated with his delivery. He could fail to step directly toward a base, feint a throw, drop the ball, or perhaps even have fielder not make an appeal and throw the ball back to him, all while touching the rubber. These would all be balks.

Quote:
Originally posted by southump
David
It is not a balk if the pitcher throws to an unoccupied base from the rubber, for the purpose of making an appeal.N.A.P.B.L. 6.6 .
I understand it is a balk if he makes a motion associated with the start of a pitch prior to doing this.
how can he commits balk doing something else, to first or any other base is my quest.
[Edited by Kaliix on Oct 29th, 2004 at 12:20 PM]
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates