View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 26, 2004, 05:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by goldcoastump
I agree that we should not be language police, but I know that if I let "bad" language go in any game things are only going to get worse. I called the Men's Modified Nationals and Bagman is right it was accepted there. They use the F word as an adjective "such as you f---ing umps are the greatest" now how are you going to throw a man out for that. Most of the time they were using it at themselves. In a JO game,I would not tolerate even the slightest cuss word. Use them and its an automatic "seeya".
There use to be a language rule in Richmond, VA. Don't know if they still use it, odds are they do. The rule is that if a player cusses, the other team gets a free out.

My team is batting against a team from NYC. With two outs and a couple of runners on, one of our guys hits a line drive just out of the pitcher's reach. The pitcher comes down and ever so silently utters, "Jesus, God" to himself. The umpire heard Jesus and determined that comment was taking the name of the Lord in vain (sp) and removed an out from her indicator.

Forget the fact that we went on to score a load more runs that inning, but you now had someone imposing their religious feelings on someone from a completely different culture.

Though we benefitted from the call, we sided with the other team when they argued the point. It is just out right wrong.