View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 24, 2004, 06:20pm
Official Forum Member

I appreciate your thoughts. Keep them coming. I hate to admit it, but I never even noticed on the foul diagram that fouls were a fist and violations were an open palm.

Good idea practicing the signals. I have to remember that not only do I have to call teh foul/violation right but I also have to signal it right and I have to worry about starting and stopping the clock. My plan is to have my friend who I dragged into this call out things to me and I have to signal it right and say what I would do. Then I can do it for him.

"Travel"
"tweet, [raise arm with open palm, travel signal, indicate direction, indicate throw in spot]" etc.

Yes, Vegas is badly in need of officials which is why when I called they were happy to bring me in and when I said I had a buddy who was interested they were doubly excited.

Looks like we work 2 man for Frosh and JV (?), and 3 man for Varsity, which I wont have to worry about for some time or so I hear.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

Here is a quesiton. I appreciate why teh rule book is organized how it is organized, but it isnt exactly a model of clarity. Is there any reference that does a better job breaking down the types of fouls and violations, etc?

Clark