View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 23, 2004, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MJT
Towards end of game, team ahead by 10 or more, and they have the ball. Less than 1 minute left on the clock. You ask and they tell you they are going to take a knee.

You tell the defense "they are taking a knee" and give them a polite warning to "not rush hard." (THIS IS TAKEN FROM NASO MAGAZINE)

All is well until the offense, after saying they would take a knee, fakes it and throws a TD pass.

I think you give an USC foul, supported by 9-9 (unfair acts) Our crew has decided to take it one step further and tell the QB "I will tell the defense you are taking a knee. If you do not, you will receive an USC foul."

What do you think of this senario, and what our crew does?
I never tell either team anything. The O-line should always be ready to protect themselves and the QB. If I tell the D that the O is going to take a knee and they don't, then I am the one who has gotten himself in trouble. The O can do whatever they want within the rules. I've had coaches upset with their opponent who ran up the score in the first half. So be it. That is a sportmanship issue, not a rules issue.