View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 23, 2004, 02:44am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Re: Re: Re: Re: Canadian Ruling

Quote:
Originally posted by MJT
I saw you Canadian rules up there. I should have been more clear. That's what I meant by "you must have different rules" and why I asked in another post you made about how different Canadian rules are then NF or NCAA. Who's are they most like, NF, NCAA, or NFL?
I don't think they're like any of those three. I've learned alot US football thru here and we have many different principles.

Penalty application points are: Previous Line of Scrimmage (PLS), Point Ball Held (PBH), Point Ball Dead (PBD), Point of Possession (PP), and Point of Foul (PF). Many distances are pretty much the same, holding is 10, false start is 5. PI is 15 from PLS unless it's DPI < 15y from PLS, then it's PF + 1D. The timing rules are different. We have a 3 minute warning when timing rules change. All in all, it is a very exciting game, and often comes down to who's up to bat last. (There is a place for coaching strategy and clock manamgent. And yes, the officials are the best at clock management - much better than the coaches. )

Oh ya, we play with 3 downs. (Except pop warner which is 4 to help them learn the game better.)