View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 22, 2004, 01:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

Then either the clocks are not positioned correctly or you just aren't trying hard enough. It aint all that hard to keep an eagle eye on the shot clock, and if you ignore this you are asking for big, big trouble.

IMO.

I check to make sure it starts and stops and resets properly. I'm not watching it constantly and I don't look at it to monitor my partners 10-second count speed.

If my partner can't count to ten, I need new partner.

Z
Oh, and BTW, I forgot to mention if I'm T and my count gets close to 10 I make sure the shot clock agrees with me before blowing the whistle (i've already verified it started properly or if any shot clock time ran off before the offensive team got control of the ball in the backcourt). And If I'm not T and I think he might we getting close to 10 in the backcourt I'll peek at the shot clock also. Or if the team with the ball has had it a while without a shot...and on every whistle...and before every throw-in....and if I don't have much else going on in my area...

I guess I'm just a clock watcher.

And maybe if your partner can't count to 10 you do need a new partner, but you aint getting one so you've got to deal with it.