Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Heck no, not unless you want your implode the crew's ability to work together. Besides, other than maybe checking to make sure that the shot clock started initially, the center would never be clock watching during a live ball when he/she is supposed to be providing assistance with the press.

Z
Where did the poster say the C is "clock watching"?

If the center is helping on the press, I don't see how he/she would have to turn away from the play to check a shot clock and unless they were clock watching, they don't know if maybe the shot clock operator did some type of adjustment. If I see that my partner has a count going, I'm not going to run in and take that call away from them.

Z
Do you know where the shot clock is typically found?
Why are we checking the shot clock? the game clock should be the one that matters.
Both clocks matter, but shot clock foulups happen far more frequently than game shot foulups IMO. I make it a habit to monitor the shot clock to make sure it starts when it should, stops when it should, resets when it should and does not reset when it shouldn't.

It's not always possible to do this but it is possible quite often. Between the crew someone should be aware of how well, or not so well the shot clock is being handled by the table at any point in the game.