View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 22, 2004, 01:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Rut,

Your initial post was this: "Now he was implying that officials are going to have to stay table side even in situations that deal with DQ'd players and Ts." I don't agree with that at all.
I never suggested that you "had to do" anything. I never suggested that he said you had little or no option. He said that you need to learn to stand up for yourself and your calls or "you will find yourself with more problems." That was his commentary on always feeling like you have to "run away" from the coach because you have the option of a mechanic. He also said that you are going to the table side all game long. You can go to the table and handle a coach in these situations as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Now you are saying that you need to be flexible. Of course, I agree with that. There are some high school coaches who get in a state of mind that they cannot be "handled," even by an NBA ref who puts out a DVD on handling coaches. In that situation, standing there just to prove you can handle it is pointless.

Z
I think you got what you wanted to out of my post. I do not think you really thought about what I said, you just reacted to it. Because I also never said you had to take conflict and stand there to prove something. I just stated that you can stand there and deal with a coach and not have much of a problem.

Peace