Thread: Why Wait
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 21, 2004, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sal Giaco
Quote:
Originally posted by Gee
I really cannot fathom your point that if Francoma didn't come out West would have let it go.
I agree, I think West would have stepped in and corrected the call. However, if we speculate that he would have overruled Marsh regardless if Francona came out or not, then the million dollar question is why didn't West kill the play immediately after Marsh ruled "no tag"??? Obviously, once A-Rod slapped the ball out of the glove, West should have stepped in immediately and called interference... right?

I want to make it clear that I am not criticizing West in any way. I am just bringing this up as a potential play that could have happened to any of us. Maybe we can learn something from this.
Hi Sal,

Got a question for you. I agree in all probability that Weat would have corrected the call. He wouldn't want to see this on ESPN etc. Lets bring this play down to our level. Given the same situation (no replay obviously) would you have corrected the call? Let's assume no one is complaining. I'll give you another example. Your PU no one on base. Grounder in the infield throw to first base and the first baseman is clearly off the bag and your partner bangs him out. No one complaines. Do you let it go?
Your the FU batter clearly swings (you want strike three its March and your hands are numb because you forgot your gloves) partner calls ball no one appeals.

My point is where do you draw the line. All three of the situations that I have described above could occur at crucial times during games. Not picking on you but something to consider.

My point is "getting it right" could be a sticky wicket.