View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 21, 2004, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Do you even remember.....

JR:

What did you have for lunch? Apparently it wiped out all memory of what you wrote this morning:

Posted by JR at Oct 21st, 2004 01:53 PM:
My first question to you is do you have the reference to FED or NCAA Rules? Because referencing OBR is irrelevant to the games I work. I only work games in the spring for the most part. When I do work in the summer which is very rare, they use FED and NCAA Rules.

I then posted the applicable NCAA rule (which you specifically asked for), and also stated that the FED does NOT have the same rule.

JR, at Oct 21st, 2004 03:09 PM, then posted:
I never debated the different codes. So from my point of view this was not about the rules difference, just a philosophy.

Gee, you just said that OBR rules don't matter, that you work FED and NCAA. You asked for a reference from the NCAA and FED, and gave them to you, proving that in NCAA you do have to ask, and you said you never debated the different codes. Did you even remember your earlier post?

I adhere to the rules that I am under.

Apparently not, if you don't ask in NCAA games when requested by a coach OR a player!

I see you have not ever picked up a FED Rulebook. You cannot protest a game in FED Rules and my state does not honor protests.

Your state may not allow protests. Mine does. And NOWHERE in the FED rulebook does it say you can't protest a game in FED rules, it says it is up to each state:

Rule 4-5-1: It is optional on the part of a state association as to whether protests are permitted. When allowed, protests are permitted regarding rules one through nine only. When protests are submitted to organizations which do allow the filing, such protest must be submitted using a prescribed procedure (10-2-3i). All individual and team averages shall be included in the official records, except that no pitcher shall be credited with a victory or charged with a loss in such a game, if the game is not regulation.

And I thought Windy was thick! At least he was right.

JR, when it's you against the world, it's at least worth considering betting on the world.