View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 20, 2004, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Dude,
Chill out man... There is no need for all the name calling and vulgarity.

I have been a baseball fan for years and I really can't ever remember seeing a player swat at the catchers mitt/ball like A-Rod did last night. I use swat because I am not sure what you mean by chuck. The way chuck is used were I live usually is synonomous with throw.

I think you may be confusing running into the straight into the catcher or catcher/glove combination with or without the arms up with a player swiping/swatting or moving their arms up or down in some fashion with the intent of dislodging the ball.

If the catcher and player collide at home and the ball becomes dislodged, such is life. Only when some other additional action is present, such as a swat or swipe with some type of chopping motion, would there be some kind of intent and a ruling of interference.

Quote:
Originally posted by copeaus

[Edited by bob jenkins on Oct 20th, 2004 at 12:19 PM]
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates