View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 19, 2004, 03:01am
Get away from me, Steve.

Folks, this is just a youth coach looking for officials to land firmly on his side. I've had an email conversation with him today and in the end he reminded me of the coach of the kid I ejected on Saturday for getting in my face and telling me to "mind my own damned business." The coach was more interested in proving me wrong than in taking care of his kid and telling him to play and act the right way.

Also, I told him the story of my talking to the kids on the field and asking them en masse to watch their language -- that's when the 14 year old kid got in my face and told me to MYODB.

That's when this youth coach told me I ejected the kid on a "whim."

On a whim? I guess the player was entitled to a free shot before being asked to leave the game. Sorry, his reaction deserved more than "just" an USC flag.

I just don't "get" coaches. If I were coaching, I would certainly hold kids a bit more accountable -- it's unfortunate to think that the kids that got tossed from his game and my game will end up thinking they got screwed by some official with a chip on his shoulder.

--Rich

[Edited by Rich Fronheiser on Oct 19th, 2004 at 04:12 AM]