View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 15, 2004, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
When it's frigid (meaning down in the 50s!), I usually bring my longsleeve shirt. If the rest of the crew brought one, we wear it. If even ONE of us didn't, no one wears it. (This is for any level - 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, JV, V).

I don't own a jacket - waht's them thangs for?

I do have a rainjacket I cut to short-sleeve length that's very thin, but waterproof, and white. I will wear it under the normal shirt if the rain's particularly bad and it's cold out, but usually it just makes me hot, so I just get wet.
Frigid in the 50's? That can be considered tanning weather around here. Today we won't see 50 in the Green Bay area, and the forecast is for a scattered snow flurries this evening "up nort", right about where my game is tonight.

Regarding the gear, the crew I am with wears long sleeve only after 10/1 (unless there's a late Sept night with really crap weather) and all cold weather/rain gear must fit nicely under the long sleeve stripes. It looks much better.

I typically use the Under Armour shirt, with a white long sleeve shirt over that, then the long sleeve stripes. I sweat as soon as I move even when its 10 below 0, so I am ok with that, and most rain gear keeps as much sweat on me, as rain coming in. Although some of the crew members do wear a waterproof pullover under their stripes, I will be looking into one of those.