View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 13, 2004, 09:12pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: I hope you have a good lawyer.

I coach CC and from my experience it isn't practical to check all the kids before the race. BBall games have 10 players at at time. CC races can have a 100 kids or more in the same race. In my league after one race finishes we start the next race ASAP. Line the kids up and go. There isn't time to check for jewelry. The coaches know the rule, and (according to the article) both the coaches and the runners were warned about the rule. What's left? Enforce the rule.

Now that being said my league would have dealt with it much differently. I live overseas in Japan and although we are supposed to follow FED rules-we ignore some of them like jewelry. I wish we followed it more-but not all the other coaches agree so whatever. (We don't have hired officials for CC meets. The coaches run the meet together.)

bball is different. We follow FED pretty much all the way.

If at our end of season race with all the teams in Asia, if the race coordinator decides to follow FED rules exactly, warns us of that, sends an email 2 days before the race saying wristbands can not be worn, warns the kids at the start-and then DQ's a runner, that is the coach/runners fault-not the administrators.

[Edited by oc on Oct 14th, 2004 at 01:17 AM]