View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 01, 2001, 09:01pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs down Re: You do not read very well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ref42
Look at all the names they all worked last night, they just switched Tim Higgins & Tony Greene from the MD game and put Ted Hillary and Mark Reischling on the game. The other thing is as I noted I was already suprised that Tim Higgins was put on the Maryland game since he was involved in one of their previous games. Please also note that I may not have noted it, but Tony Greene is an SEC official and with the new ACC/SEC combined officiating crew it was strange to see him put on the MD game. Also if you checked out Gary's McGriff's board, you will see that someone talked to Scott Thornley who is doing the championship game and he also verified the information I had given as the officials doing the games before the games occurred last night. So it appears that the NCAA/Hank Nichols made a little switch last night. Why? I believe it is they try to keep guys who the teams normally see during the year or are associated with their conferences on opposite games in the national semi's. They have no choice in the championship because it's only one game and the officials are pre-determined. Now why wasn't this originally done, I don't know, call Hank!
I did not say that the officials were not the officials working, I said they were not the one doing the particular game you suggested. You got the names correct, but I am not the one claiming the inside information either.

Peace.