View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 01, 2001, 08:54pm
Official Forum Member

Chuck.........

The reason I posted was to get some honest feedback.......and thanks for yours.

I have kicked this around in my head for the last couple of days and imagined every different scenerio and outcome.

A. The umpire in question could have dismissed me as being a spectator only interested in the outcome of the event......

B. A meddler who has no business butting into HIS game.

C. A busy-body who gets into everyone's business.

D. A dumb-*** who does not know what he is talking about.

With this particular umpire.......I would probably be seen as "one of the above"

I am not a board member in our association, so have no official capacity for any interpretations or opinion.

I have called numerous games with this official over the years and would not have hesitated mentioning something to him if I were involved in the game........in this situation I was not.

It is very refreshing to be at the ballpark and be "Just a Dad"......not coaching/umpiring/working fields/etc......I really enjoy just watching sometimes...............in all the years as a coach/umpire/field worker........I learned to love the Dad/Mom who only offered encouragement.......not suggestions.........that is what I am trying to be.......just a Dad.

Joel

Also Chuck.......I love this rule in "kid-ball".......e-mail me if you want to know the specifics.......I think I gave a fairly generic version of it.......there can be some kinks in it if you are not prepared.

[email protected]