Thread: Buy-in Time out
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 13, 2004, 07:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
Quote:
Originally posted by jritchie
To get a player back in from blood/injury you have to use a full time out, if one is not available then you can use a 30.. so this takes care of the question which one to use..they don't have a choice....and as long as you follow correct procedure about putting in a sub if the other team does not want to re-enter his player, everything will be fine...if he is ready after the timeout he still has to wait till a tick goes off the clock..

i think this was my question a couple weeks ago, glad it got answered, simultaneous timeouts....not one after the other...
what rule says you have to use a full timeout??
I'm still using the 03-04 books, but I couldn't find anything indicating it had to be a full time-out.

3-3-5 deals with an injured player leaving the game "unless a time-out is requested by, and granted to, his/her team..."

3-3-6 deals with a bleeding player or blood on the uniform and the player leaving the game "unless a time-out is requested by, and granted to, his/her team..."

Unless there is something in the new books (or the old books that I didn't find), the length of the time-out doesn't appear to be specified.