View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 12, 2004, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MI Official
HAd an IW on a loose ball play friday. The team chose to replay (they lost the fumble)the down. As we explain to other team, head coach says "you're boning me here." our WH say "yes, but we are boning you by the rules" HC laughs and say "I know". we all got a kick out of that ( and a free round by the IW blower)
Well then, the team shouldn't have had a choice. Loose ball plays involving an IW are automatically replayed.

Threw a late hit against the worst team in the state a few weeks ago. I was working HL and it was against the home team so I relayed the number and the fact that he hit after the whistle through my white hat. The white hat (I get this story at half) went over and told the coach "24 hit after the whistle coach." The coach replied "That's horse$&!t, and I know it." The white hat said he told the coach that it was indeed after the whistle, and the coach said "Come on, he hasn't hit before the whistle all year--and now you're telling me he's hitting people after the whistle?!"