View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 31, 2001, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Thanks Guys

Thanks to everyone who responded........

Just to fill you in on how this turned out.......

Typical Spring Saturday from hell here.......

Oldest has Track meet.......youngest's has 11:30 a.m. game out of town......

Dad has to work a community environmental event......middle daughter being a rock and helps Dad with event and we get everyone where they are supposed to be on-time........

We have same umpire assigned to our a.m. game......one of the host City umpires (he is also a board member with this city and is assigned to re-chalking lines and such between games) points out during our game that he is misapplying the overthrow rule (I was not aware of this exchange). I later learned that this board member was sent to watch and see if he was indeed misapplying the rule and if so......to correct it before he got any deeper. I guess my discussion with another umpire DID get to the right people.

After their discussion and between innings he comes to the fence and comments that the tournament people want the "rule" called differently now.

I gently reminded him of the official interpretation and that he should call it the way that it was interpreted.

A look of "understanding" came over him......and to the best of my knowledge he had no other boo boo's on this rule.

Youngest's team took their first loss tonight and we play early in the a.m. ........ but still in the hunt.

Thanks again for all responses.

Joel

[Edited by Gulf Coast Blue on Mar 31st, 2001 at 10:24 PM]