View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 05, 2004, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Re: That is not an issue for folks that work on crews.

[/B][/QUOTE]

You can learn things from other officials without having to work with them. Lower level officials in my area are going to work with a lot of officials. But when the lights come on for real in the varsity game and the games that end up in the paper, I think it is better to work with people you are very familiar with. We just had a meeting last night (Mid season meeting) and I learned a lot from the stories and situations we talked about. I do not think "learning things" having anything to do with working with a regular crew or not working with a regular crew. And just because you are on a crew, that does not mean you cannot work with others. I work with different people all the time and I am on a crew. Peace [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm just saying that I have seen crews work games and each crew is different in there way of doing things. It seems that have developed their own sort of mechanics. Something that is inconsistent with another crew. I'm not saying it's bad. The advantage I have is if this Friday I work a game with an official that I don't like, no need to worry because next week will be different. Suppose you and someone on your crew that you got stuck on had some differences. You have to deal with that all year.