View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 04, 2004, 03:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Not so "automatic."

I think there is a different situation with players of the same race using this language towards each other. I have made that point of view clear here and on other sites.

You have an opponent taunting another opponent in this situation. The usage of a single word does not change that fact. To say it is automatic ejection is not quite as black and white from my point of view. For me that would depend on the tone, the volume and the context of the usage of this word and any word. And yes, it would matter if I had two players of the same race (as it relates to this situation) for an ejection.

I know some will disagree. This is not up for a vote or discussion as far as I am concerned. I am Black and know the origin of this word and how I feel about it. I do not care what others really think as well. You do not have to agree either. I am going to do what I feel is best and it is never "automatic" from my point of view. I might come to that conclusion, but I still am going to consider context and tone.

Peace